Our May Day Walk is tomorrow! Staff and Volunteers have put together the final touches for a beautiful afternoon of community activities. We hope you will join us.
While this is a fund-raising opportunity for The Healing Center, the most important aspect of the event is that our entire community comes together to honor our person who has died and to celebrate our Healing Center community.
Parking is available in the Gas Works Park lot and on the streets surrounding the park. For directions to the park, follow this link: Seattle Parks and Recreation-Gas Works Park.
Here’s a little glimpse of what you can expect:
- Arrive at Gasworks Park at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 1, to smiling familiar faces greeting you and directing you to our Registration Tables.
- At the Registration Table, you’ll be provided with a Healing Center May Day Walk t-shirt.
- You will then be directed to the adjacent Coffee Table where coffee and tea will fuel you for the easy and scenic 1.1 mile walk ahead of you.
- At the Coffee Table, you will also receive your first clue for the Scavenger Hunt. (First Clue: Walk through the Ten Doors. At the end, you will find your own solid unit of minerals!)
- Additional smiling faces will then direct you to Tent #1 where you’ll receive your next clue.
- And on it will go, until you reach the top of Kite Hill where your own personal message to your loved one will be added to our Healing Center Kite, soaring hundreds of feet (okay, may fifty feet) above you.
After the walk, you are invited to a catered picnic (courtesy of Dandelions & Olives, a catering company sponsoring the Walk and owned/managed by our very own Dana Jackson. A smorgasbord of deliciousness will be spread before you: sliders, grilled veggie sandwiches, corndog bites, pb&j sandwiches cut into fun shapes, pasta salad, and cornbread salad. Complete your meal with cheesecake bites, chocolate torte bites, rice crispy treats and a fruit plate, while the kids play organized fun games in the adjacent green space.
We are really knocking ourselves out for this one, and you don’t want to miss it!
Please join us! A happy day awaits!
Looking forward to seeing you there, Sunday, May 1!
Dani, Tom and Rebecca