Part-Time Position(6-10 hours/week)
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Contract Program Therapist is responsible for planning and facilitating open-ended grief support groups for children, teens, and adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. This position collaborates with other program staff and volunteers on planning and implementing innovative grief support services in the Seattle area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct intake assessments with potential clients
- Facilitate open-ended grief support groups for children, teens, and adults
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer co-facilitators
- Provide outreach to schools and other community organizations in need of grief support
- Assess for mental health concerns among group members and take appropriate clinical action as needed
- Participate in broader Healing Center program activities including Ceremony of Remembrance, Oktoberfest, Annual Luncheon, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other related field
- Group facilitation experience with children, teens and adults
- Understanding of grief and loss across the lifespan
- Proficiency in collaborating with team members
- Experience in training, recruiting, and managing volunteers
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of the Healing Center
- Demonstrated ability to work within a growing non-profit environment
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Must possess sound judgment; prioritization and follow-through skills; attention to details; dependability; tact; and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Flexibility in schedule to include the potential for both evening and weekend hours
Competitive pay based on qualifications and experience.
About The Healing Center:
The Healing Center offers a safe, loving place that honors grief and helps individuals move through it and heal. We serve children, teens, and adults who have experienced the death of a loved one.