The Healing Center always considers the safety of our clients first. For this reason, we wanted to communicate with you regarding updates to coronavirus and recommendations we have received.
Public health agencies are now strongly encouraging the cancellation of groups over 10 people. Additionally, we serve several individuals who are at higher risk for complications from coronavirus. For this reason, we are taking the following actions:
- Starting the week of march 30th, we are offering virtual meetings for our Teen Group, Healing Club 456 and Healing Club 123.
- The volunteer training scheduled for March is being cancelled and will rescheduled.
- All adult groups from 3/10 through April will be offered virtually. All clients should check their email for additional information.
- Intake meetings and phone screenings will take place over the phone or virtually.
This is a difficult decision, but the health and well-being of our community is most important to us. We understand during this time of anxiety around public health there is additional strain on those coping with the loss of a loved one. For immediate help at any time, please call Crisis Connections at 206-461-3222. We deeply appreciate your understanding.
For more information and resources, we recommend the trusted resources of local and national health authorities, including:
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
- Seattle & King County Public Health https://kingcounty.gov/depts/health/communicable-diseases/disease-control/novel-coronavirus.aspx
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to us.