Adult Program Therapist for a Growing Nonprofit!
Adult Program Therapist (Full Time)
Under the direction of the Clinical Director, the Adult Program Therapist is responsible for planning and facilitating open-ended grief support groups for adults who have experienced the death of a loved one. This position collaborates with other program staff and volunteers on planning and implementing innovative grief support services in the Seattle area.
The Healing Center particularly encourages applications from women, individuals with disabilities, and People of Color (BIPOC) as those groups that are underrepresented throughout the nonprofit community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate open-ended grief support groups for adults.
- Conduct intake assessments with potential clients.
- Maintain consistent contact with group members.
- Assess for mental health and behavioral concerns among group members and take appropriate clinical action as needed.
- Conduct briefing meetings with volunteers before each group and debriefing meetings after each group.
- Participate in case consults, staff meetings, etc.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer co-facilitators as needed.
- Provide outreach to schools and other community organizations in need of grief support
- Participate in planning and implementation of adult program events including Holiday party, Ceremony of Remembrance, etc.
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology, or other related field.
- Group facilitation experience with adults.
- Understanding of grief and loss across the lifespan.
- Proficiency in collaborating with team members.
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of the Healing Center.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a growing non-profit environment.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Must possess sound judgment; prioritization and follow-through skills; attention to details; dependability; tact; and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be available for evening and some weekends.
Compensation: $40,000 to $46,000 per year and benefits stipend.
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
About The Healing Center:
The Healing Center’s goal is to support children, adults, and families as they come to terms with the death of a loved one. We offer a variety of services and a community of people. This is a place where bereaved people, adults and children alike; can meet others who understand, and begin to move through their grief so they can begin rebuild their lives. The long-term goal is that each person will come to a place of peace and find new meaning as they reinvest in life.
The Healing Center always considers the safety of our community first. We are having all employees work from home for the foreseeable future. We plan to discuss reopening when vaccination reaches 80% of the population.