Youth Program Therapist Position Opening
Youth Program Therapist
Under the direction of the Center Director, the Youth Program Therapist is responsible for planning and facilitating open-ended grief support groups for children and teens who have experienced the death of a close family member. This position collaborates with other program staff and volunteers on planning and implementing innovative grief support services in the Seattle area.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create curriculum for children’s grief support groups.
- Facilitate open-ended, child-centered grief support groups for children, teens, and their caregivers.
- Conduct briefing meetings with volunteers before and after each group.
- Conduct initial meetings with incoming children and adult clients.
- Provide orientation to The Healing Center and facilitate paperwork completion for new group members.
- Respond to clinical emergencies and volunteer/group member concerns.
- Maintain consistent contact with group members and guardians/caregivers, specifically those in need of additional support.
- Assess for mental health and behavioral concerns among group members and take appropriate clinical action as needed, in consultation with Center Director.
- Participate in clinical staff meetings.
- Provide occasional sick/vacation coverage for other adult group facilitators.
- Assist in the recruitment, training, and supervision of volunteer co-facilitators.
- Provide outreach to schools and other community organizations in need of grief support.
- Participate in planning and implementation of children’s program special events.
- Participate in broader Healing Center program activities including Ceremony of Remembrance, community events, and fundraising events.
- Licensed as an LMHCA, LMFTA, LSWAIC or equivalent, working towards full licensure.
- Master’s Degree in Counseling or related field.
- Group facilitation experience with children, teens and adults.
- Facility in interacting with children in child-centered manner.
- Experience implementing therapeutic play techniques with children and teens.
- Experience with clinical interventions around behavior and mental health concerns in children and adults.
- Understanding of grief and loss across the lifespan.
- Proficiency in collaborating with team members.
- Experience in training, recruiting, and managing volunteers.
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of The Healing Center.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: $30.00 – $35.00 per hour DOE
To apply: Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
About The Healing Center:
The Healing Center’s goal is to support children, adults, and families as they come to terms with the death of a loved one. We offer a variety of services and a community of people. This is a place where bereaved people, adults and children alike; can meet others who understand, and begin to move through their grief so they can begin rebuild their lives. The long-term goal is that each person will come to a place of peace and find new meaning as they reinvest in life.
The Healing Center always considers the safety of our community first. This position requires a combination of remote and in-person work (Seattle area). Our children’s program follows the safety and stay-home guidelines set by Seattle Public Schools.