Available Clinical Director Position
(Filed as of 10/1/2019)
Filed as of 10/1/2019
About the Healing Center:
The Healing Center offers a safe, loving place that honors grief, helping you to move through it and heal. We serve 400+ adults, young adults, teens and children who have experienced the death of a spouse/partner, parent, sibling, child, relative or friend.
- We provide support and guidance on the grieving and healing process.
- We offer individual support, as well as programs and activities where you can benefit from the community of people served by The Healing Center.
- We provide an environment – supported by our community and staff – where you decide when to come, how to grieve, how long and how often you decide to receive services.
The Healing Center’s goal is to support children, adults, and families as they come to terms with the death of a loved one. We offer a variety of services and a community of people. This is a place where bereaved people, adults and children alike; can meet others who understand, and begin to move through their grief so they can begin rebuild their lives. The long-term goal is that each person will come to a place of peace and find new meaning as they reinvest in life.
Clinical Director Job Description:
The Healing Center is seeking a Clinical Director to oversee its programs and clinical staff. The Director will develop, plan, and implement strategies for program continuation and growth while providing clinical training to clinical staff, interns, and volunteer group facilitators. The candidate must have a positive and supportive attitude and strong belief in The Healing Center’s mission and vision. This role provides both clinical and personnel supervision of the clinical staff. Must have the ability to think creatively, solve problems, have good decision-making skills, and like working with families and kids.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise and oversee all aspects of the clinical programs demonstrated by setting program strategy goals and objectives that adhere to The Healing Center’s mission.
- Provides direction to clinical staff in carrying out their individual responsibilities; applies regulations, policies, operational procedures, and objectives; reviews operations in assigned area to ensure high level of quality is consistent with organizational standards.
- Provides strategic direction and leads the clinical team in meeting the overall objectives of the organization in support of the long term strategic plan of the Healing Center.
- Develops and implements clinical goals and objectives within the organization and externally with all partners.
- Demonstrates ability to manage change and organizational design.
- Promotes effective communication interface, acts as liaison with administrative staff, and the Board to facilitate information-sharing, collaborative problem-solving and adequate provision of services.
- Recruits and develops all team members and promotes a positive team culture and environment. Delegates appropriately and holds team members accountable.
- Participates in the organization’s quality assessment and performance improvement program for groups.
- Provide coverage for group facilitation during therapist absence.
- Provide outreach to schools and other organizations in need of response to a grief event in the community as needed.
- Supervision of graduate-level practicum students and clinical supervision for program therapists.
- Respond to clinical emergencies and volunteer/group member concerns, and assess for mental health and behavioral concerns among group members and take appropriate clinical action as needed.
- Maintain consistent contact with group members and guardians/caregivers, specifically those in need of additional support
- Lead weekly clinical staff meetings/case consultation
- Assess and create an identification and training plan for peer volunteers.
- Ability to identify and build relationships with community partners and referral sources.
- Work alongside administrative staff to plan and execute client events, including social events throughout the year.
- Participate in fundraising and partner events throughout the year.
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Marriage Family Therapist, Mental Health Counselor, or Licensed Psychologist
- Clinical Supervisor approved for Washington State
- Five plus years of progressively responsible experience and staff supervision, including expertise transforming clinical staff into a high-performance team
- Minimum of two post-graduate years working with children and families in a clinical setting
- Experience in training, recruiting, and managing volunteers
- Ability to provide presentations in the community
- Understanding of and dedication to the mission of The Healing Center
- Experience with clinical interventions around behavior and mental health concerns in children
- Experience with and working knowledge of grief and loss in children across the developmental span
- Must possess sound judgment; prioritization and follow-through skills; attention to details; dependability; tact; and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Demonstrated ability to work within a growing non-profit environment
- Must be able to cope with family/caregiver emotional stress, cultural diversity and be non-judgmental of individual life-styles
- Ability to work flexible hours.
Pay is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by clicking on the button below. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.