Recommended Books for Adults
- A Grief Observed by C.S. Lewis
- After the Darkest Hour by Kathleen A. Brehony, PH.D.
- Being a Widow by Betty Jane Wylie
- Death: The Final Stage of Growth by Elizabeth Kubler-Ross
- Companion Through the Darkness: Inner Dialogues on Grief by Stephanie Ericsson
- Seven Choices: Finding Daylight After Loss Shatters Your World by Elizabeth Harper Neeld
- Safe Passage: Words to Help the Grieving by Molly Fumia
- Practical Ideas After Your Husband or Wife Dies by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
- Healing After Loss: Daily Meditations for Working Through Grief by Martha Whitmore Hickman
- I am Grieving as Fast as I Can: How Young Widows and Widowers Can Cope and Heal by Linda Sones Feinberg
- Understanding Your Grief: Ten Essential Touchstones for Finding Hope and Healing Your Heart by Alan D. Wolfelt, Ph.D.
Magazines For the Bereaved
- Bereavement: A Magazine of Hope and Healing
- 350 Gradle Dr., Carmel, IN. 46032. Published nine times a year
- Golden American
- A monthly newspaper full of resources, discounts, information and activities for people 55 or older. 2142 8th Ave. N., Seattle, WA 98109
- Thanatos: A Realistic Journal Concerning Dying, Death and Bereavement
- P.O Box 6009, Tallahassee Fl. 32314. Quarterly
Grief-Related Web Sites
- Crisis, Grief and Healing is an excellent site by TOM GOLDEN LCSW of Washington D.C. who is an internationally known psychotherapist, author, and speaker on the topic of healing from loss.
- Safe Crossings is a Hospice of Seattle program designed to meet the needs of children up to the age of 18 facing the loss of a loved one. This is done through a variety of educational and supportive activities.
- Journey of Hearts: A Healing Place In Cyberspace is an excellent site by Kirsti A. Dyer, MD, MS. It is a website for anyone who has ever experienced a loss. A place for enhancing physical and mental well being.
- WidowNet is a wonderful self-help resources site for widows and widowers.
- Center for Loss & Life Transition is a site that publishes books, articles and other resources to help people who are grieving and bereavement caregivers.
- Grief in the Workplace – is a powerful and dynamic training program providing comprehensive solutions in helping employers support grieving employees.