Executive Director Job Opening
The Healing Center serves the greater Puget Sound region in providing grief support to kids, adults, and families and is seeking an Executive Director to be responsible for leading revenue / fund raising efforts as well as oversee its programs and clinical staff. The Executive Director, working collaboratively with the Board of Directors and staff will develop, plan, and implement strategies for the growth, development and funding of the organization. The candidate must have a positive and supportive attitude and strong belief in the Healing Center’s mission and vision. This role currently provides personnel supervision of the Clinical Director and Operations Manager. Must have the ability to think creatively, solve problems, and have good decision-making skills and like working with donors, Board members, and a staff with diverse responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: The first 18 months of the job will be 75% fundraising and 25% Organizational Development
• Work with the Board of Directors and staff to develop, implement, and evaluate a new funding model for the Healing Center to grow our ability to help an ever-larger number of people.
• Identify future funding directions, new opportunities, and innovative strategies to increase revenue to serve The Healing Center’s mission.
• Prepare and execute an ongoing fundraising plan with the participation and support of staff, Board of Directors, and volunteers.
• Work with the Board and staff to raise funds necessary to establish long-term viability of The Healing Center
• Report to and assist the Board of Directors in carrying out all governance functions.
• Work with the existing Board members to facilitate and increase their level of participation and to increase board membership.
• Assist with onboarding and stewarding additional experienced Board members
Operations, Leadership and Management:
• Maintain a climate which attracts, keeps and motivates a diverse staff of top quality people.
• Hire employees and consultants. Supports the professional development of staff.
• Manage the operations of the organization, including budget planning and fiscal responsibility.
• Ensure compliance with personnel policies and city, state and federal regulations and licenses.
Community Relations and Outreach:
• Represent The Healing Center in the larger non-profit and philanthropy communities, and with the news media.
• Establish sound working relationships and collaboration with community groups and organizations.
• Manage and create content for The Healing Center’s web site, social media, and newsletter that will create interest in our work.
• Plan and execute regular events to build awareness about the Healing Center.
• Proven success in nonprofit fundraising
• Passion for the mission of The Healing Center
• Entrepreneurial by nature; open to seizing opportunities, overcoming challenges, and thriving when dealing with complex and demanding situations
• Ability to offer visionary leadership through long-range strategic planning that builds upon The Healing Center’s existing programs and mission while adapting to new challenges and opportunities
• Outstanding writing, public speaking and media interaction skills
• An energetic disposition and ability to manage and maintain a professional yet fun work environment.
• Experience in supervising staff and knowledge of human resources practices
• Ability to work collaboratively with others
• Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred
• Must possess sound judgment; prioritization and follow-through skills; attention to details; dependability; tact; and ability to maintain confidential information.
• Demonstrated ability to work within a growing non-profit environment
• Must be able to cope with family/caregiver emotional stress, cultural diversity and be non-judgmental of individual life-styles.
• Ability to work flexible hours.
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com or by clicking on the button below. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be reviewed.