Volunteer at our Celebrity Gala & Auction!
WHY: Help us raise funds for The Healing Center’s grief support programs
WHEN: Shifts available Friday, June 2oth through Sunday, June 22rd
For more info on volunteer shifts and to sign up – click HERE!
We’re partnering with the Detlef Schrempf Foundation & Inspire Youth Project again this year to put on our FABULOUS annual Gala & Auction. We need lots of volunteer help to make sure our auction is a HUGE success – can you give us a hand?
There are many different ways to volunteer – you can find out about and sign up for them HERE. Lend us your energy and enthusiasm, and help us make sure grieving families in your community have the support they need when they need it.
If you have any questions, or need help signing up for a volunteer shift (or two!), contact Development Coordinator Jen Power at email@example.com or (206) 523-1206. If you’d like to learn more about the auction or buy tickets, you can do so here.
Continue the healing, continue the inspiration – continue the Ripple of Giving.
On May 4th 2014, The Healing Center celebrated it’s 6th Annual May Day Walk at Gas Works Park with over 60 participants and 25 volunteers. Here are our top 3 reasons why we loved the day and are excited to keep the May Day Walk tradition going for our Healing Center community. Be sure to check out the pictures below.
1. YOU – Nothing makes us happier than seeing our Healing Center friends and families come together. We believe so much benefit comes from meeting others that have shared the experience of walking through grief. While this year it was under more drops of rain than rays of sun, we are so grateful for all who joined us and those who couldn’t make it but supported their friends and family in other ways. You are our inspiration.
2. The chance to remember – Transitional periods can be difficult – even the transition between seasons. As we move swiftly into spring, we enjoyed the opportunity to do some reflection during the art activities during the Walk. We wrote a message to our loved one on a message flag. We considered what we’d say to them in a private message. We contemplated the meaning of short-blooming cherry blossoms during origami folding. We stood with everyone and felt the words of the poem, “We Remember Them”.
3. Support for our programs – With the combined donations from The May Day Walk and GiveBIG two days later, we received $63,053 from our generous supporters. This doesn’t even include the GiveBIG “stretch funds” that will be applied to our GiveBIG donations soon. These funds mean so much to The Healing Center and our community. They keep our doors open, buy pizza for our weekly children’s groups, make healing client retreats possible, and help to train our dedicated volunteers – all contributing to our overall mission of offering a safe, loving place that honors grief, helping you to move through it and heal. We thank those who fund-raised for us, our wonderful donors, and our $5,000 sponsors, Safe Crossings Foundation, Nintendo, and University District Kiwanis. THANK YOU!
WHEN: Sunday, May 4th, 12:30 – 4PM
Sign in starts at 12:30pm
Walk starts at 1:00pm
Picnic and kids’s activities start at 2:00pm
WHERE: Gas Works Park
WHY: To raise money for The Healing Center’s grief support programs
HOW: Register here to join the 2014 May Day Walk and raise funds for The Healing Center,
click here to donate!
May Day celebrates the coming of summer and new beginnings, and The Healing Center is excited to celebrate this holiday with our friends, families, and community. The May Day Walk is an event to raise funds to grow our grief support programs which serve widows, widowers, children, and young adults who have experienced the premature death of a spouse, parent, or sibling.
We hope you will join us for a fun-filled day! Please encourage your friends and family to join us as we raise funds to support our healing programs. Register
today to support The Healing Center!
If you need any help, or have any questions about the online registration or donation process, contact Jen Power, Development Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 523-1206 x15.
Thank you to our May Day Walk Sponsors!
Amaryllis Level – $5,000
Sunday, May 5th is the magical day!
Spring is in the air and we are gearing up for our 5th Annual May Day Walk. Come one, come all volunteers. There is plenty of room for everyone!
For a list of volunteer opportunities, take a look at our Sign Up Genius page. Most needs do not require pre-training or clinical expertise. Simply click on the “Sign Up” button next to each task or tasks that grab you!
Imagine HUGE balloons, AWESOME crafts, YUMMILICIOUS food, FUN games, WILD tattoos, INSPIRING prayer flags, CHILLIN’ OUT with other volunteers at Gas Works Park, and an opportunity to make this a very special day for our grieving families.
We hope you’ll be willing to support our fun and magical event. We can’t do it without you!
We are excited to announce that the May Day Walk 2012 Website has now launched (Registration is Ready), and for the second year in a row, the University Kiwanis Club of Seattle and their foundation is matching the next $5,000 in individual donations.
We thank them for their continued support of The Healing Center, and children’s organizations throughout our community and the world.
The May Day Walk this year will be on Sunday, May 6, 2012, from 1-4pm at Gas Works Park. Hop on the website: maydaywalk2012.kintera.org, take a look at the event information, and register as a team or individual walker. If you need any assistance with registering, please email our May Day Walk Chair and Seattle University Intern, Mattie Bess at email@example.com, or phone The Healing Center, (206) 523-1206.
Proceeds from this Friend-ask-Friend fundraiser will directly benefit programs at The Healing Center. Your participation is critical to the next family in need of healing. Please join us and spread the word about how important The Healing Center is to grieving and healing families.
Can’t wait to see everyone on May 6th!
We are excited to announce that our annual May Day Walk will be Sunday May 6th, 2012 at Gas Works Park in Seattle.
May Day celebrates the coming of summer and new beginnings. The Healing Center celebrates this holiday with our community, in an effort to raise funds to support grief services for adults, children and families.
Please save the date for this lovely spring afternoon filled with walking, activities, friends, and food! Stay tunes for registration details.
Dear Healing Center Families —
Our May Day Walk is tomorrow! Staff and Volunteers have put together the final touches for a beautiful afternoon of community activities. We hope you will join us.
While this is a fund-raising opportunity for The Healing Center, the most important aspect of the event is that our entire community comes together to honor our person who has died and to celebrate our Healing Center community.
Parking is available in the Gas Works Park lot and on the streets surrounding the park. For directions to the park, follow this link: Seattle Parks and Recreation-Gas Works Park.
Here’s a little glimpse of what you can expect:
- Arrive at Gasworks Park at 2:00 PM on Sunday, May 1, to smiling familiar faces greeting you and directing you to our Registration Tables.
- At the Registration Table, you’ll be provided with a Healing Center May Day Walk t-shirt.
- You will then be directed to the adjacent Coffee Table where coffee and tea will fuel you for the easy and scenic 1.1 mile walk ahead of you.
- At the Coffee Table, you will also receive your first clue for the Scavenger Hunt. (First Clue: Walk through the Ten Doors. At the end, you will find your own solid unit of minerals!)
- Additional smiling faces will then direct you to Tent #1 where you’ll receive your next clue.
- And on it will go, until you reach the top of Kite Hill where your own personal message to your loved one will be added to our Healing Center Kite, soaring hundreds of feet (okay, may fifty feet) above you.
After the walk, you are invited to a catered picnic (courtesy of Dandelions & Olives, a catering company sponsoring the Walk and owned/managed by our very own Dana Jackson. A smorgasbord of deliciousness will be spread before you: sliders, grilled veggie sandwiches, corndog bites, pb&j sandwiches cut into fun shapes, pasta salad, and cornbread salad. Complete your meal with cheesecake bites, chocolate torte bites, rice crispy treats and a fruit plate, while the kids play organized fun games in the adjacent green space.
We are really knocking ourselves out for this one, and you don’t want to miss it!
Please join us! A happy day awaits!
Looking forward to seeing you there, Sunday, May 1!
Dani, Tom and Rebecca
The Kiwanis Club of University, Seattle Foundation has graciously donated a $5,000 challenge grant for this year’s May Day Walk.
Here’s how you helped us meet this challenge:
- Registered and designed your website
- Asked your family, friends, and co-workers to help
- Over $25,000 was raised the end of March!
If you haven’t registered yet, we hope you will join us for a fun filled day, and encourage your friends and family to join us as we walk in memory of our loved ones, celebrate the coming of spring, and raise funds to support our healing programs. Register online here or phone The Healing Center at 206-523-1206.
Kiwanis Club International is a global organization of members of every age who are dedicated to changing the world, one child and community at a time. Thank You Kiwanis!